Sunday, September 11, 2005

Signing The Covenant

I am sooo thrilled and excited to day. While I know that this is susposed to be the day of national reflection for the awful attack we received four years ago, I am also optimistic about my new beginning. Feeling Christian love is such a wonderful thing. As I've said before acceptance is a large part of love for me. Knowing that I have value inspite of being female encourages me so much. I am excited to be in relationship with God again. While I know that my church membership doesn't really have to effect that relationship, I allow it to. When I feel like my church doesn't value me, then I question God's value for me. Not being able to serve means I'm not worshipping or honoring God. This makes me feel like I don't belong as a child of God. I wish I had better words to express this for those who love me. It isn't about being a feminist or whatever...it is about fulfilling my calling. God has given me abilities that aren't just for behind the scenes. The smile that my heart had when I saw that women were able to read scripture, pray, and do the offering in a Sunday Morning Service was a clear indicator to me that I belonged in my new church. This church also has such a desire for real missions and not just the abroad stuff. (I really think if you aren't doing it locally then pffffftttt to the efforts far away.) I look forward to becoming involved in the efforts of local missions. I'm not stupid and I know that no church is perfect! I am just very thankful and feeling blessed that God has allowed me to join this church who I already feel love from despite not really knowing people there.

No comments: