Monday, December 24, 2007

Ringing

I love handbells! I love jingle bells! I love cowbells! I even love door bells!
Bells usually signify something to pay attention to that is coming. Even a fire bell is for a warning. I like it when kids have the bells on their shoes. They seem to just have a happier sound. When I listen to a good handbell choir, I can be entranced by the wonderful ringing that is done. There is that stupid quote from that WAY too long Christmas movie. "When a bell rings an angel gets its wings." I think when a bell rings it can make the listener fly whether it be to action or to a deep spiritual thinking.
A goal has to be to listen more intently for the bells around me.

1 comment:

jenn said...

I too enjoy handbells. The few songs they did at y'alls church a couple of Sundays ago were phenominal!! Sorry I missed you while I was in town. I hope you had a terrific Christmas! :)