Thursday, August 30, 2018

Church Divided

In 7th grade, I remember a long conversation that I had with my best friend at the time.  She and I were talking about things that we felt were different about us.  Secretly I told her that I tended to have these perceptions of people that often came true even if later.  This could be with people that I even became friends with.  It was in 6th grade that I started to notice this, but I was (still am) afraid and unsure about it.  I still can't describe what I think or perceive, yet I have experienced to be true in my adult life as well.
When I met the man who was going to be the new pastor of FBCG, I knew that I did not agree with his theology.  I have been part of churches that have theology that I don't agree with.  My Master's degree is from professors who had to sign a document stating agreement to things that I don't biblically agree with.  Disagreement does not stop my being able to support and be under leadership.  However, when I can't grasp realness and care, then I can't follow and support.  Everytime that I spoke to the pastor or his wife, I did not believe their interest.  The heart speaks volumes to me, and their hearts were not speaking to me.
Now, the church is split...egos, lies, gossip, secrecy...the main culprits.  Why would God allow this?  Do we see common denominators?  This man claimed Christ's Church, but now is calling people over to his church.  I truly don't get why sin can act like this for all.  175 people blindly following this man?  Church isn't to be this way.

No comments: