Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Is it sin to have a sex change?

Dang It...I really hate trying to type while there are tears up flowing in my eyes. President Bush just announced that his choice for Sandra Day O'Conner's judicial replacement is John Roberts. Clearly that is a male. GRRRRRRRR! How dare he be so blantant in hatred in the support of his wife's resquest and the needs of this country! Why couldn't he replace her position with another woman? Where is his faith in God to run the country fairly and with character? There is so many that that I approve of that Bush has done...but now none of that matters for his decision indicates to me that women are not really valued to him. Perhaps cause he had such trouble keeping his own children watched over. Why do we keep taking steps backwards in religious arenas and government? I remember so clearly learning about Sandra Day O'Conner in high school. I was in awe of her and loved that one of the females in my high school clique put her on a pedestal. I had hope that Bush would do what is right for the country by selecting the right woman to replace her.
Point to ponder? Would praying for our country really work with this decision that has been made. I know that prayer works but I wonder right now if it is what is right. For what is the purpose of Christian women if we can't do anything but give birth. Certainly God screwed up then in creating me and in the women he has caused to have miscarriages. (heck I know of nine who have had miscarriages in the last year...all wanting children.)
The question that I've been really challenging myself with lately is why do I have to endure being female. Church doesn't seem supportive lately of females lately...especially non penis females. I'm not girly and I don't fit in with most females. I certainly don't usually feel pretty. I've not found a church where it is ok for me to serve and be supported in the areas that God has gifted me for. So why oh why did God make me female?

No comments: