Friday, July 08, 2005

Won't You Be My Neighbor

AWWW...Childhood memories of comfort are a blessing. This morning as I was flipping the channel to see different news on the London Bombing, I saw Fred Rogers feeding the fish. I went past the channel quickly, yet I turned back to it and watched the last 10 minutes of it. He had already gone to the land of make believe. It was fun to smile at the Speedy Delivery! Then I was treated to some various sounds on the various flutes. One of the cool things of this segment was the guy playing the flutes was blind yet this was never mentioned and just made to be very normal. How amazing it is that Fred Rogers made a point to just focus on the music part of the segment. He truly was the ultimate Early Childhood Development teacher.
This applies to my purpose because I need to continue be learning the best ways to minister to children so that their level is truly reached.

No comments: