Tuesday, August 23, 2005

White dress?

ok...I really have no desire 95% of the time to get married but the whole idea of blowing off the stupid traditions that so many find vital is extremely appealing! One of which is the whole white dress concept which is broken by so many because the image of the bride being a virgin is so rare even for those married in a church as Christians. (also annoys me that people the the female has to wear white yet the male doesn't need to wear white....just stupid) But one of the things I'd break about this is to not wear the white dress. I figure it is not all the onlookers business about my virginity or my future mates...since so many I know wore white and it is very clear they had no concept of waiting for sex. As I had this thought today because I spilled red koolaid on my white shirt today. I totally remembered hearing through out my life about not wearing white. Seriously, my mom really didn't want to purchase white things for me because I'd be so hard on it. So it would make sense to me that a dress to celebrate and worship a new beginning would not be white for me.
Just a random thought today that I thought I'd share.

No comments: