Sunday, October 16, 2005

A New little Survey

My online friend Julie composed a new survey thing for this group of online friends I've have for the last four years. We called ourselves the Quad after meeting in a Christian chat room. It is kinda funny that we all hooked up. I still don't get why we are all connected, but we flirt with still being connected as friends. We've been through a marriage, two births, horrible breakups, and a divorce since meeting online. I do believe there can be real relationships found in chatting conversations. Sadly they are just hard to find. BUT this is the little questionaire that she created after I answered yet another survey that is so common with some not so nice answers. Because this has real questions of value, I thought it would be good of me to put it on here. Yes, it does scare me a little. When it ask for extreme answers of best and worst, I may not be giving exactly truth on this as I may be protecting others or myself. But it would fit in the spectrum of the answer.
1. What did you want to be for a living when you were in highschool? I wanted to be a lobbyist (went to college with this mindset) or a hostess for the UN (foreign languages changed that dream).
2. If you could change your profession now, what would you be doing? EASY! I'd be a Children's Minister.
3. What gift would you never want to get again? as not wanting to offend the giver I shall not answer this
4. What do people remember you for that you wish they wouldn't? The funny embarrassing stories don't bother me most of the time when shared. I do regret that people recall and try to use against me when I threw a glass bottle of sprite at my sixth youth minister.
5. What do you do when you're lonely? Get on the phone or chat on the computer.
6. What is your biggest regret? (not sure if biggest is sharable) I regret the impact my decision to go to Meredith has had on my life.
7. When you die, what song do you want sung at your funeral? hummm..just one song? I have g-ma's list with about 7 songs she wasn't sung or played. He Is Here sung by everyone and there is the Geoff Moore song that I've always liked but I can't think of the title right now...when I figure it out I'll let you know
8. What is your greatest accomplishment? accepting my call to ministry...odd how what I thought would be my greatest personal defeat isn't guess I'll have to keep learning that one as I stop trying to make God think He doesn't know what He is doing
9. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Completed my master's degree (I was saying that 5yrs ago..ugh) and have a career job that fits my ministry area. And to have going the knowledge and faith that I should have increased during these 6yrs of being here.
10. What is your favorite thing about where you're living now? All the space and I can afford it.
11. What is your least favorite thing about where you're living now? the distance from church (so the lonliness somewhat)
12. What would you miss the most if you lost it (not including people)? Loading up your car for a hurricane evacuation will make you think about this one materially. But helping with the hurricane's aftermath, I'd say water. Perhaps, ice would be the better answer since that way it could be cold and then melted to water.
13. What are you really talented at? Coming up with at the moment activities for children.
14. What "motto" do you try to live by? I'm sure that a motto could be applied to my life but I don't live by one.
15. If you were going to start up a little shop, what would you sell? Homemade Ice Cream...no plain chocolate of vanilla available
16. What do you argue with your parents about the most? probably a tie about how much we talk on the phone and if I get enough personal time
17. Do you want any (or any more) children? No! I am not going through that pain!
18. What is the #1 thing you want your children (or the children around you) to learn? What a real relationship with Jesus Christ is and to make it work for them.
19. If you could to go school and learn something just for the fun of it (completely unrelated to work) what would you learn about? Sewing (but I don't think it would be fun...just cost effective)
20. What is the most touching thing anyone has ever done for you? ;) gave me a bath! lots of touching involved with that. emotionally, I'd have to say kept/still keeping a secret and loving me anyways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello. just thought i'd stop in and say hi as i found your site through a random search.those are good questions and good answers. have a great day.