Saturday, October 29, 2005

My Mentor Turns 50

Tonight was the Surprise Birthday party for the woman I have admired the most in my adult years. God called her into Fulltime ministry when she was in college. I met her while she was the Children's Pastor in my church in Arkansas. She was a wonderful leader in that church. There are so many times that I was in awe of her devotion to God as she carried on her tasks for God. She also gave me many opportunities of service when I was in high school. After I battled God and accepted my call to ministry, she invited me for a luncheon where she shared about being a female in ministry and about children's ministry. She also gave me this sheet about priorities that I had lamenated and even now is attached on the wall next to my desk. While I was in college, she left her position at that church to begin her role as a children's counselor. She still does this in the Arkansas area. My sister also became close friends with her as they went to church together. I think it is good this happened as it enabled me to be able to keep in contact with her more easily. She is also a Breast Cancer Survivor. She has had it 3 different times. It has been very tough on her, but she has been able to continually find strength in God even in the crappy times. I truly admire the woman that she is. God just make change her into an angel in Heaven for she is already some that glows well for Him.
Martha, you are loved!

No comments: