Sunday, November 06, 2005

Friends and Fat

a vent:
I'm torn with frustration at this time. I have almost always been a fat chick. I was an overweight preteen, teen, college student, young woman, and now. It is amazing to me to hear some of the things some people will say to me. I truly have grown somewhat immune to comments from strangers. However, when little statements come from those I think love me, I just want to block out that person. Does she understand that it hurts me when she says something about my eating habits? Does she get that I know I'm fat and unhealthy? Does she comprehend how I love swimming but have to talk myself into having the emotional strength to go with her? I hate that I have gained about 30 pounds since moving down here. Most of that is from lack of activity and some emotional eating. When people talk about my grandma they talk about her cooking the most. When I get home, I feel I need chocolate of some sort to make my evening better. I am really not a cook, but I've received the most encouragement and appreciation from making ice cream. Do you know how screwed up that is? I used to really enjoy walking with Carmen because I didn't feel like I was exercising overall. Yes, a friend can care about my health and even the ickiness of my being fat, but it would be so much better for me if she talked directly about it in love and not about my food choices in a judgemental way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello
the ickiness...
it matters what is inside...not out

a person can been too think also, and that isn`t good, i was a few pounds over when i was younger to a 0..1..and then maxed out as a 3 for years, and yes everyone loved me, everyone smiled back, but no one that really cared about me, i was what i wanted and wanted others to see...now i wonder if i am doing that again...instead of hiding hurt i am forcing myself to see it.

food choices matter and emotional choices matter also..sometimes once person can eat or do anything and no one ever sees it...and other people like me and it seems you have a harder time...one carrot isn`t going to create healthy...and one candy bar isn`t going to sink the ship, but there are a large amount of health related issues with eating over processed foods.
(chocolate doesn`t count:)

i wish you good things

sorry i rambled, was finding free space for my daughter and came upon yours, she has a friend who`s nickname is ducky :)