Saturday, December 03, 2005

Avon Sucks

When I was doing FAITH with Bay Area Baptist Church, a woman who started selling Avon was on my team. She, of course, asked if I wanted to order. I no longer see her weekly, but I do get her emails from the company for the orders. If I want to get my order, then I need to plan to drive to the area to get it. She did meet me once a little closer down here which is helpful since I had no errands for that area. But what really frustrates me about her having me come all that way to meet her is that I've gone twice now to get stuff, yet she doesn't have one of the items that I want. It is a non-clearance item for a gift. I even said last time that I'd wait to get the new order with it since it was already two weeks late. It sucks that Avon hasn't sent it yet, that I've driven and not received the needed item, and that there doesn't seem to be compensation for this.
The other annoyance is their products aren't as good as they claim. If I purchase something from the dollar store's beauty section, I don't expect it to be the best quality ever. I have been surprised at some good items I have found there. Well the nail polish from Avon doesn't last, the hair minimizin lotion isn't really effective, the french nail manicure set is a joke, and the shoes aren't that comfy.
I love that Avon supports breast cancer support and research, but the care of products for the customer needs to improve greatly.

No comments: