Sunday, March 23, 2008

Watch the lamb

I should make the effort to go get the song for those who don't know it but you can do that yourself. Perhaps I'll do it at a later time.
The song Watch the Lamb is my favorite Easter song. I just happened to flip through the channels and it was on tonight. Friday, I mentioned it to Dennis because I think it is a song in his range. It is an older song...like from the 80's.
The song is about a family coming for passover. The children are to watch the lamb for the sacrifice. Then they come upon the road as Jesus and the criminals were being sent to cruxifiction. It is a great song about how we don't always immediately get that Jesus did the sacrifice for it. I also treasure the teachable moment that the father was able to have with his children. As Jesus is nailed,naked, bleeding, and caring, the father tells his children to watch the Lamb. Children can safely hear and experience the gospel message.
Yet, it is adults who are close to me that I pray would watch the lamb. This is even bothering this weekend more than others. It sucks that the bulk of my WBS class (either one) isn't really a comfortable place for me to think like this. Perhaps this is why not enough people turn to Watch the Lamb.

No comments: