Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Collide/UBC

"The worship gathering is just one aspect of Collide. Our Sunday School class falls under the Collide Young Adult Ministry. The worship service is the newest part of the Young Adult Ministry. I know that is might not be your thing but we really need your help. We need you to commit to coming to the Worship Service for 6-12 months to help us build it up. Please commit once a month to coming to the Sunday Night Gathering. Collide is not just the worship gathering it is all the young adult small groups and bible study classes that we have at our church. I think alot of people thought they were two separate things."
They SHOULD be two separate things. It is also a church plant. If you join UBC then be apart of the damn church, don't just be apart of a clique of people. Yes it can be important to appeal to certain age groups outside the church and even in the church, but making it be the only way to be is wrong. There is so much to gain by being fully involved with the church. It makes me frustrated that people aren't being encouraged to be involved with the entire church! I am NOT apart of Collide. I don't want to be apart of Collide. I hate being forced into being apart of Collide. Don't put a crappy label on me! My role in the church (not the church plant of Collide) is to help people belong, but forcing some to belong in a collision isn't positive to me.
UGH!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I really wish you would have talked to me first before you copied my email and posted it on your blog and then TOTALLY bashed me and what I said. It REALLY hurt my feelings. You totally misinterpreted my email and what I was trying to say.