Thursday, April 23, 2009

Different This Time?

death and health issues where I battle the most at being a good friend. i've really been just trying to give this one to God but sadly His timing sucks alot with this. I honestly can't think of but one breast cancer survivor in my life. I can quickly name four who didn't get to beat it. So here we are again praying for a miracle but the faith is now less than a mustard seed size.
************************************************************************

Please Donate To A Good Cause - Team Denise!

April 20th, 2009
(The following is an email which I sent out today. I am Scared To Death and So Mad about what has been done to me. This is a disease that is “Easily” managed if taken care of in time, but now, because I was mistreated for 9+ months, I am now fighting for my life.)
April 20 2009
My name is Denise. I live in Spring, Texas – about 25 miles north of Houston. I’m 49 years old, single, no children. Three dogs, one cat. I rent my home, I own my truck. I have no partner, no financial assistance… I’m a temp office worker, an Admin, aka secretary, in Houston, Texas; I work Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:30. I’m one of the “worker bees”. I pretty much live paycheck-to-paycheck. Like so many others…
I have Family and Friends who I am Blessed to have in my life. I am truly fortunate to have the love, friendship and support of my Family and very good Friends. I have no health insurance.
I’ve been diagnosed with Infiltrating Ductile Carcinoma. An Invasive Breast Cancer. It was mistreated for over a year as a “staph infection”, which allowed the cancer to grow and spread throughout my body – to metastasize. I currently have been diagnosed with metastatic bone cancer and am awaiting the results for metastatic liver cancer. I will be undergoing a head/brain scan to evaluate the possibility of metastatic brain cancer. I am waiting for my official “staging” diagnosis, but am a probable Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer.
My medical outlook is not good. I am trying to maintain a positive mental and emotional outlook, but sometimes it’s difficult.
I’m sending out this email, asking for help. I know things are tough for many people out there, but I’m hoping there will be some who find it in their heart to help me. I Want To Live. I’m keeping a Blog to detail this journey I am on, please “meet” me there - http://teamdenise.org/.
I am documenting the appointments and events which I am going though. I have medical reports, images and information which I am downloading daily. I am keeping an online budget of my expenses. I am keeping an online list of my Doctors and all info regarding my situation, diagnoses and treatments. If you don’t see something that legitimately concerns my situation, check back in a day - I may just not have gotten it online yet. Or you can email me - any questions can be directed to me at denise@teamdenise.org, I will reply as soon as possible.
Please read more about me and my situation here: http://teamdenise.org/about/
Please Help Me Survive. Please consider donating directly to my cause, there’s a “Donate” button located on my front page (http://teamdenise.org/)
Please donate a dollar… heck, if you feel like it, donate a few dollars!
Whether you are able to donate or not, I would appreciate if you could find it in your heart to forward this request on. Hopefully others will be able to spare a few dollars for my cause. Others who might have been affected by this horrible disease - who may have lost someone, who may have fought for someone, who may have survived themselves. Others who are able to help me.
I Want To Live, I Want To Survive, But I Can’t Afford To Do It Alone. So I am reaching out…
Whatever You Do, Please Also Keep Me In Your Prayers.
With Hope and Faith,
denise
denise@teamdenise.org

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. I'll be praying for her and for you to be strong for her.

denise said...

Yes, let's hope it is different this time... even one mustard seed can pack a little punch.

denise said...

So... I've decided to carry a mustard seed with me... to remind myself to survive :-)
http://teamdenise.org/2009/08/a-mustard-seed/