Sunday, May 09, 2010

Slow Fade - Casting Crowns

So I've been thinking this song for about two months now. When I first heard it over a year ago, I was impressed at how correct it is. This song should be in every American Christian church and every lukewarm Christian listen to it and BELIEVE it. Then it became even more real as the actual Casting Crowns video pictures to this song started to resonate in the lives of people I love. Trying to have faith that God will be victorious is tough because of the freewill He allows us that we have to allow others. Nightly, I am praying and wondering how far some of the people I love will fade away. I am terrified of what that second glance does in me...I know I fade away with my language many days. We need God to protect our eyes, ears, and mouths and not be mesmerized by the twinkle of sin. Honoring promises, vows, commandments, and offering worship is what has to get us to this point of not fading. Yet, then we have to trust God to talk and listen to us when we pray.



No comments: