Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Misty Evening to GANO

Last night, my bible study class took up meals for today to be eaten by the summer missionaries for Houston Baptist Centers. Glynda was in a very hostess mood and three hadn't been to the new building. I hadn't been through the building with everyone actually living there. I wasn't ready for the emotional pull I was going to feel when we were walking through the building. First was seeing the mail and prayer board area in use. When serving this is such a vital part of support -- prayer and love from outsiders and prayer and lover from coworkers. As we went up the stairs, there was a picture that had been made for the many different children the centers serve. Then she opened the door to the guys room. The bunk beds, lack of storage, open closet, and community bathroom --- all giving me thoughts of great memories! Then we moved into hall to be shone the room for the missionaries to relax in. The was a very comfy looking room. Floods of memories overcame me from the bonding we had in our "no feet on the furniture" living room. Then we turned into the room for the women. Maradee made a comment about the bedspreads being similar. I giggled for a moment in my head thinking about making beds at RSBM. The summer house mom was very concerned about the "critter" staying closest to the bathroom because of the light. It kinda got to me when I saw the bibles on the beds as we were about to leave the room. Why isn't it when you are so drained from doing clearly God's work, it is easier to make time to read his word? Even though inner city missions work is hard, the lessons and love of God is just so high. When we left the second floor, I followed quickly down the stairs so the feelings would not be so present on my mind. We said our good-byes. On our drive out of the area, we saw a wreck. Another in the car was worried about a gun. No fear ever crossed my mind, just the hassel of getting around.
Makes me really desire the day when God makes this a normal part of my life again.

No comments: