Monday, January 31, 2005

Trust

I awoke today at 5:40am with the main thought of fear. I revealed something that I’ve been contemplating for awhile now to someone. That huge risk of sharing that with her has me terrified. Not because I believe she will hurt me with knowing it by telling others (which she could cause there are always hidden ways to tell others), but because now someone else knows a part of my heart/head. On the surface this may not see bad, but when it touches sin it is terrifying. Thoughts are such an amazing thing that effect my days. When I’m more deep in thought, I know that doing the other tasks of the day become more of a challenge. Perhaps that is why we are to have a church family who loves us no matter what to let us be comfortable saying that we are going through something. We certainly struggle with this in my church. Not only for someone like me who is nervous about trusting people in general, but even to make sure some people feel the love and acceptance although they don’t seem like so many of the others that are there.
To Consider: What makes me allow someone to be trusted? I think it is through paying attention to the values of the person. Hearing what they say when they speak weather it be a time of heart or a time of jokes. If I feel that judgement could be possible, then I'm not gonna reveal about myself. Then it helps to know I've loved which I don't know forsure I one knows this. I wish I was able to allow more into my thoughts/feelings, but this may be one of those things that God is working on with me.

No comments: