Monday, January 23, 2006

1st Day with COM Concert Band

I was so nervous today. Not only was it like the first day of school in my mind, but it also was a time when my skills would be put forth. Certainly when one hasn't practiced the clarinet in 10 years, she loses lots of skills that she once had. It could make me sad that I can no longer read sheet music and quickly rip through the notes, but I keep being encouraged that it will come back. One thing I found semi-sad it that my lack of rhythm is holding true still. The songs we've been given to play are evidence that I truly need to develop stronger counting skills. Yet, I still feel somewhat optimistic even though I am certainly the least skilled clarinet player in the bunch. Perhaps as I am able to practice this upcoming week, I will gain confidence again in what is possible to do.
I was meant to be with others and I enjoy playing music with others. While I am afraid of failing at this, I'm currently thankful that Jay asked me to join. I do hope even better things come out of this experience.

No comments: