Sunday, January 01, 2006

Jazper News

So Wednesday and Thursday, I keep wondering if I should call up to Bentonville to find out the results of Jazper's growth test. He had a growth on his eye that was removed during Christmas week. Thursday evening after getting Bob and Sally, my mother calls to tell me the news. Jazper does have cancer. I had started to prepare myself mentally for this news when the doctor spoke of the possibilty. My head wasn't ready for the amount of tears that would flow from my eyes. When the test was being sent off, the doctor said that if it was cancer the avgerage life continuance was 2-6mths. My dad is going to pay attention to signs of pain and inactivity to know when the time has come to put Jazper to sleep for good. Who coined that dumb phrase? Jazper will be killed by the vet so that he will not suffer any more. (pets we willingly do this out of love and people we question it? we are a mixed up world.)
Out of all the dogs we had growing up Jazper was totally my choice. His birthday is Sept.26, 1991. I picked him out of his litter, and I may have picked the runt of the bunch. Getting him helped me to find enjoyment about moving to Arkansas. Everyday afterschool I let him into the house with me even though I was only susposed to on really cold days. I would drive by the side of the house just to yell I love you to him when we were going somewhere. When shedding was a problem, I sat with him at the picnic table to brush him and talk to him. After he was hit by a car and came home from surgery, we pulled out the trundle bed so I could sleep next to him during the night. My grandma on my dad's side has done two oil paintings of him. Even though I haven't been able to spend lot of time with him since moving down here, I cherish him very much. When it is time for him to go, I hope the saddness doesn't hurt so much.
I'll post a picture later!

No comments: