Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Survival of today...Feb. 8.

It has been 6 yrs since I received the rejection letter from NAMB a day after the acceptance letter. Six years since the organization I had supported and loved questioned my faith. Six years since a month of crying and confusion over specualtion of God's love for me. Six years since I learned to really value my personal relationship with God without thought to other's perceptions.
Today was sort of amazing because I thought about the significance of today when I flipped over the calendar. I prayed right then for strength and for God to help me not think of the past today. God blessed me today through answered prayer. Not until I was driving home from work did I realize again that today way Feb.8th. I think somehow I missed it on the talk shows and news. What a charge for my faith to be reminded that God is love and that he loves me. PFFFFFTTTT to those that negate my relationship with Him. I'm thrilled that God has these wonderful female qualities to help me be the person He has designed me to be.
After I came home for a bit, I was able to have some me time at a lake near here. This was a pleasant time for me to walk around singing praises and stop to read a chapter of a book that is teaching me more about myself. I did not dread today and I'm not saying good bye to this day with tears about failed preceptions and dreams. While I do wish a friend or two could have let me know they were thinking of me today. I'm glad that God let me know that he was thinking about me.

No comments: