Monday, February 20, 2006

What a Weekend

Lori invited me to join her for the Mardi Gras Fun Run/Walk in Galveston on Saturday. Since I knew I was able to walk 3miles, I said sure. Oh my...to the actual exprience of it. As I'm leaving to head to the island, I called Lori to verify that we were still doing this since it was raining. She said of course! Oh my...exercisers are insane! The fun walk was FREEZING this morning. Walking on the seawall in the rain when there is a wind chill of 39F is a bit stupid! Four layers on top and I was wet down to my skin! I was very surprised that I was able to wring water out of my bra strap. The slow steady rain just soaked right through. I really wanted to stop before we had even gone a mile because my muscles were in pain with the cold. If it hadn't been for the perservance of Lori, I most likely would have said no way. I was jealous of those people walking with Starbucks even though I hate coffee. I want to go walk that same path in normal weather just to see how I would handle it. I know I'm a fat chick, but I know that I can walk a good distance before I want to die. Now, I have to reassure myself of this.
Saturday night I went to do gaming after setting up my Weekend Bible Study class. It was interesting how without even thinking I was able to go into a non-competitive at all costs mode. Normally, when I play games, I look for any edge so that I can win. This night I was learning some of the games and the need to win didn't overpower me. I'm curious how this will impact my future gaming times with the group.
WHOOP! Also got a free printer to donate to the teachers at Sante Fe Middle School.
On Sunday, my 2nd grade Weekend Bible Study class surprised me with some good questions that allowed the Adam and Eve story to not be so repetitive. We talked about what temptation was. It was interesting to see how temptation effected them. I didn't think I could be encouraged in faith with this story, but the discussion with these children reminded me of my own faults of temptation. I hope I don't cheat these children or myself by not giving some solutions on dealing with choice making as we complete the choice discussion next week.

No comments: