Friday, March 18, 2005

14 Days from now is Founders

YIKES!!!!! I know that I am happily excited but the fear of it is also setting in. Oh I wish I knew if Florida or Wheatlake people were coming. I think it is very cool to know that most of the Robbie Rec Rats are coming! 10 years later that can truly be a unified front! Having the Rats there will be interesting for our class in participating in some of the traditions. We weren't allowed to know who they were when we were students, but oddily many of us still pretty much knew. Hopefully some of their FOF will be in attendance also as we try to sing louder and more excited than the Class of '90 and '75. The parade should also be fun since it is a new traditon for our class to experience as a class. While I grew much as a person during my years at Cottey, I don't believe that I have that many close friendships. This was partly my own doing because I was in that growing stage and I wasn't sure how to make connections during all the tradition battles. I truly believe that traditions unify a suite the most unless a suite studies together or goes through other things together. The seniors of the suite do much to set the tone of a suite...this is something that applies well to church. If we want closeness in our small groups, we need to be open and work to find ways of inclusion.

No comments: