Monday, March 14, 2005

Special at Sagemont

This Sunday I was able to attend worship with another church. This was amazing for me because the feeling was so strong of goodness. As I walked through the hall of the children's building, I felt the joy in the crowd. I could hear some crying but I could also hear some calming and loving words being said. There was laugher and encouragement in the ladies restroom. The feeling of being herded in to the sanctuary wasn't pushy or uncomfortable. I arrived about 10mins before the service began so I had a great middle of front seat. The music was dynamic and we sang choruses and hymns. I secretly chuckled as I only knew one of the songs because of the Glowing Heart CD. There was thought put into how we would worship in song, announcements, prayer, offering, singing, listening, and greeting. The flow was great for there weren't long pauses between the different parts and all parts were of equal importance. With the sermon, the pastor warned that the message could be controversial, but I left wanting to fight to be better in my walk with God. After the message I was still confident in the evidence of my Christian growth, but I also was aware of changes that are needed.
Most importantly I left feeling the love of God was there. I know there are problems there, but I also felt some love between the people. One thing that struck me during the service and after was one thought. I didn't focus on who I am not but who I am. Lately, in my church my focus is on how I'm different from so many of the others...sadly sometimes this is added to by their comments about some of the difference.
I don't know where I'll be attending in May, but I am very thankful that God let me have this burst of faith through being in attendance with Sagemont.

No comments: