Friday, February 18, 2005

Happy Birthday

I really think it is tragic that some parents do not celebrate birthdays with their children. I don't believe it is really a money thing for most of them. In New Orleans, I first experienced this as we were invited to a birthday party in the park. It was a very simple party with a 1/2 price sheet cake and the needed tableware. We provided the punch and cups. It was when we got over there that we discovered there were no candles. I was shocked! Now when we have double digits it is ok not to have candles, but seven year olds shouldn't have to miss out on making a wish. The mission now has birthday candles to use because we said it was something we wanted to leave to share with the people. I have two friends that have had birthdays this week and they haven't really celebrated in their life times. They have parents that could afford it even if simple.
Sooo...a huge shout out of love to the foxy frosh! And huggles to the oh so cool Christian bass player! How I would have loved to get to each of you to give you a party you deserve (even if you don't think you'd like it!). You are both loved sooo much by me!

No comments: