Friday, February 18, 2005

Love Won Out #2

After learning some of the poeple who were planning to go, it made me wonder even more if people who want to misinter to the gay/lesbian population get it. While I know that the organization that leads the conference does have understanding and heart, I don't know that pepole who think they are going for the ministry really have that love. It is my hope that those who go will really listen and God will be able to help them show love in thier actions, thoughts, and vocabulary. I know that so many (not just homosexuals) reject God and/or the church because of a lack of loved or even hatred from the church. It is important that we don't value sins differently so that people can love.
I'm loved by some even though I clearly of sins of not treating my body well, unpure thoughts, and at times disrespect. If I can be loved with these things, then I should be loved with any sin. Although who know, I could receive some gossip about me for those areas. During Mardi Gras, I believe I really see this. Since I haven't done Mardi Gras on the island, it is hard to really say I'm being fair. But I don't think it is so evil or wrong for a Christian to take part in the good fun of events. I really loved Mardi Gras in New Orleans. God gives wisdom and strength to avoid parts of it. I've experienced judgements from people because I say that I enjoy Mardi Gras. Where is the love?
Ponder It: What does it take for us to really love the sinner yet help them and ourselves overcome the sins? Very few people make it into being heart friends. A large part of that is trust. But the next level is clearly acceptance. We have got to learn to accept and love people for who God made them as and continue to love them through the process. God may have made them a continual gossiper. We have to love them inspite of disease of gossip and be willing to help them conquer it. This may be more difficult for females, but I think that loving the self as a sinner is toughest. I do know that I have to love me to allow God's grace to work in me. I have to have the view of myself that I'm worthy of love inspite that I am a sinner.

Quote from ER (you can say what you think): "I don't want love without acceptance."
yep...Christians we've screwed up. God's love, that we should share, is only with acceptance. God only allowed His son to die so that he could accept us in to Heaven. We only have to let our judgements die so that we can accept people with love.

No comments: