Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Singles Awareness Day

I hope that everyone had a nice Feb.14th. On Saturday, I got to listen to Focus on the Family's account for kids on the history of this day. Valentine died so that marriages could continue. Insn't it interesting how we know this yet it is still at time difficult for so many to see the importance of marriage. However, I totally don't like the way that we as a society have ruined the holiday be making it about purchases and more so for the woman.
Phillip says I should call it appreciation day instead. But I actually think that this should be a day to the side of Valentines. Perhaps we should give marriage the honor it needs and then give singleness the respect it deserves.
Just a ponderment for myself on this because of the constant need of people to change the status of the singles. Guess they think I'm a second class citizen. oh well...it is ok for them to be wrong.

No comments: