Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blogging Baptist World

Last night after picking up my mail at the post office, I was amazed to read an article in the Baptist Standard about blogging. (the baptist standard is a texas newspaper for southern baptists...it is the more like CNN while the other baptist paper is less fair and balanced like Fox News or MSNBC) About two to three years ago, I stumbled into the world of the baptist bloggers. I some how flowed into the "hated" ring. About a year ago many of the main bloggers tried to change some of their focus. What I really loved about many of the blogs and the people who ran them was the open discussions. I didn't know any of these people before hand but I'd check links and be lead to additional blogs. There are three of them that i still glance at now. The one I started with is still my favorite. He has two atheists that regularly post. He regularly keeps things from being hateful or too heated. He also has his heart show in many of his posts. I think that is one of the best things about the baptist blogging ring. So many of these (mainly men) who share their concern based in intellect with others. It is a great thing to be able to share differences with others in a loving way. It will be a miracle when we hear that these blogs are also changing the lives of the readers.

Here is the 2nd link about those articles, I'm not sure how to make it clickable:
http://www.baptiststandard.com/postnuke/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=7732

No comments: