Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Exciting External Focus

UBC is a very missional/externally focused church. We are working on getting better at being locally exterally focused which thrills me...but really that is more about better organization for things members are already involved in. Last night as one of those leadership meetings (this was one that I we didn't really do any work in which was odd) and we learned of a more direct goal our church is going to be involved with for FY09. We are partnering with a church in New Orleans. My heart is totally smiling. I wanted to clap last night when I heard this. This may be my opportunity to go on the first mission trip of my life. I truly "Love This City" and am delighted to know that we are looking to head there. Learning more information will be great...i'm very curious as to what church it would be. How perfect if it was Metarie Baptist! What a total blessing of opportunity!

No comments: