Friday, May 09, 2008

A year ago today

May 9, 2007 - Ruth Martin Carwile died at age 98. (still sounds stupid to me to give information about a loved one like that) When I started planning to go to TN, I knew I was going to go in May. What I hadn't thought about was how close I'd be going to the anniversary of gma's death. Last night and lots of today, I was thinking about her creativity and attitudes toward people. She had this nature about her that would completely block out someone from her life if they hurt a family member or her. She really could hold a grudge for a long time. However, she was also someone that supported and loved her close family. Almost every time we were with her, we played board or card games. She was a very private person overall, yet another trait I developed. I think it would have been awesome to be able to read a diary of her earlier years. Next week, I'm going to see her son that took amazingly great watch and care for his mother for many years. I hope I can come up with a way to honor him and her memory while visiting with them.

No comments: