Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Day 1 10/11/04

Well I read this day a few days before since my parents had given me the book about last March. But I reread it on saturday evening. I LOVE the verse for it. Colossians 1:16 is a verse I know already through a memory verse tape I have, so I keep singing it as I read it! Big thought on this day is that we don’t get to choose our purpose. WOW! that takes some sinking in time. Makes me giggle about the whole predestination mess that some like to discuss...wonder how all the non-Calvinites handle this book?
Mainly tough after reading this first section, I’m wondering how it will all apply to me. Seems like I just read a chapter so I’m not too thrilled yet about it all. Perhaps it gets better. I do know after Sunday School time today I was a little nervous about what we may face in the future lessons with things in our life that we need to change. Although I do hope that it gets comfortable to do that in Sunday School since heart matters really haven’t seemed important to me in there. I’m sure that is just as much me as it is other factors...but it is still scary!

The Question to Consider: I can remind myself that life is really about living for God by thinking and praying for Joyce, my half-sister.

No comments: