Thursday, October 28, 2004

Day 7 10/16/04

YEAH! We’ve done it a week and I’ve basically stayed on task and not had too many negative thoughts. Those mainly just occured on the opening day of all this.
This chapter is another one that is pretty basic. Did anyone else want to sing the Ecclesiates Beatles song? (for every season..turn turn turn) The point of it is praise so it follows that music would come to mind. ALTHOUGH, I hate it when we think that bringing praise is just that. The five purposes that all this is focused on will hopefully change that mind set. The tough reminder in this lesson is that “everything God created reflects his glory.” Yep, that means all those icky Texas roaches, that we have to chase down with spray and then stomp on (or cover with a cup), bring glory to God. That means that cop that pulled me over for speeding brings glory to God. That hurricane that destroyed soo much brings glory to God. That baby that is no more brings glory to God. That flat tire brings glory to God. That jerk that demands his wife stay home with kids and then move from family can bring glory to God. Some of these are tough to accept. But the point we are suspose to get it the decision to follow the purpose and let the purpose bring that glory for God. And the icky reminder is that following that purpose (again)will require changes. I think that by choosing to follow the purpose path set for us we gain the most on the third step of BECOMING LIKE CHRIST.
The Question to Consider: I am most certainly NOT a morning person. As I drive to TxCity in the mornings, I don’t see the sunrise as something wonderful God created. The sunrise is a nusicance. I need to make my mornings be more for his glory. Through being thankful for that beautiful sunrise, those funny kids waiting for the bus, and Chloe greeting me with a toy are all things I be thankful for God placing in my life. Guess I’ll have to work on that.

**side note: I attended a mission expo today. This was an interesting time for me to do so, but it helped me be able to speak about my NAMB experience. When I saw one of the previous directors from a New Orleans center, I considered leaving. Thankfully, I didn’t and I felt some encouragement as I looked at the tables of the baptist centers in houston. I met the snickers lady that we talked about at camp in '98. I’m including this experience on the blog because a good portion of my lack of focus is because of the struggle I faced with NAMB. Also I’m including it because one of the volunteers with ESL quickly pegged me as someone with a heart for kids (funny and scary to me).

No comments: