Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Day 4 10/13/04

oh joy! On day two it is birth and this time it is about death. ok ok...it isn’t really about death...it is about lasting after death but still!One thing I think is interesting is that the bible refers to our bodies as tents, houses, and temples. Even though that is a new testament verse, I think I’ve only heard things harped on about the body being a temple. Interesting to see the other perspective.
I LOVE C.S.LEWIS! “There are two kinds of people: those who say to God ‘Thy will be done’ and those to whom God says, ‘All right then, have it your way.’” When I think about it I usually thing I want my way (like the RichMullins song also). However to have it stated in this way is clear about how harmful that is. Even though that is something I know, the humanness in me makes me want to consider my own way first. And then he used Narnia...awwwww! One of the best reads for a variety of ages. I so remember the last book being last battle before the gloriousness (is that a word?) of Heaven. Definetly does more for wanting to follow Christ than Paradise Lost.
Now I’m curious to know what the Carnes and those that work with them think about his talking on death. When the new funeral home was opened up, I was asked what it was that made me uncomfortable. It isn’t anything shallow or morbid. I choose to not talk about death because it is gross and human saddness on earth can be associated also. And sadly there is also that Hollywood influence of fear although I don’t actually believe in ghosts. It is ok not to talk about death yet have a positive outlook on eternity!
The Question to Consider: Because I was made to last forever, I should stop ____. I don’t know the best answer for this other than the “sunday school” quickie of sinning. Thinking about it I don’t know what else would go into that blank for anyone. Perhaps he was asking what sin. If I answer with that, I’d have to say my negativity. The thing I should start doing is giving more value to people again. I stopped that when it seemed to have failed with the FBCG mess. With one of the FAITH visits, I’ve been thinking how it is important to let people know of their value even in the little things. To give that value may reduce their burnout and perhaps help them in thier purpose.

No comments: