Thursday, October 28, 2004

Day 10 10/20/04

yeah yeah..of course there is a song to this day –> The Heart of Worship.
AS we were driving back from out visit with FAITH last night, we got to why Bay Area isn’t right for me. So we addressed a few of the things about the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. So to read today at the beginning of this lesson the words surrender tied with submission, I was getting ready for battle. But there is no battle for surrender is much more of a willing offering. Of course there are battles with God on this. The book claims there to be three 1)Can I trust God? 2)Admitting our limitations. 3)Understanding what it means to surrender. ANYONE that knows me...heck even somewhat from reading these things knows that the first one is where my lack of surrender lies most of the time. Even with the list of evidences that God offers me for his love, I struggle with thinking/believeing that to be true. I’ve heard people I called friends say some of those thingss, but when it came down to evidence it wasn’t there. AW..but with God he gives physical evidence through his son’s death. Perhaps that is where thoughts should lie so that the trust can come.
“Victory comes through surrender,” Perhaps that is what should be posted on the mirror wall. Instead of Mark 12:30 (this weeks verse), I should be remembering that surrender brings peace, strength, and freedom for my daily life.
Favorite Quote (as also said sunday): “The problem with a living sacrifice is that it can crawl off the altar.” This is why the surrender must be constant.
The Question to Consider: I’m unsure on how this applies with the lesson. The area of my life that I’m holding back on is my forgivness of others. The held grudge till I see or him them say I was wrong generally stays with me. It varies it this effects on love for God.

No comments: