Saturday, October 30, 2004

Voting Purpose

I am an American. I don't like the lies and negativism in politics. I don't enjoy the Star Jones mentality of evilness on the other side. I do appreciate the right to vote. I wish they made it easier to be educated on the people and issues we get to vote for. Democrats and Republicans can be Christians. Our purpose as Christian American Voters is to pray about the vote God wants us to make for each part of the ballot. I wish I had something that I liked and throught provoked me about kerry also, but I didn't keep anything like that. However, this was sent to me a few months ago, and I appreciate the gathering of facts. Try not to vote based just on one issue...vote based on the heart of our one God.

"Let's clear up one point. We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember. It was started by terrorists on 9/11 or actually before then. They murdered 3000 of us.
Let's look at the "worst" president" and "mismanagement" claims.
FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us, Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.
John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.
Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.
Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. Clinton was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.
In the two years since terrorists attacked us in New York and Washington, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people... We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home. Worst president in history?"
and of course comments are allowed here...this is america...we love our freedoms!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A