Thursday, October 28, 2004

Day 9: 7 love languages of God 10/18/04

First of all...Way TOOOO many songs came to my head while reading this. The graduation song of may God face shine down upon you, the Arky Arky, without faith it’s impossible, and of course humming Chariots of Fire. The ADHD was high when I read it and made marks in the book yester day so alot of the thoughts were skewed alittle. So this is all about what makes God smile. Well, I think it human terms it may be like Chapman’s Love Languages then the only catch with God is that He is love so we gotta do them all (yeah I could count, there are only 5). Of course depending on who I am some are easier than others.
“learning to love God and be loved by him should be the greatset onjective of your life.” The loving God part isn’t as tough as being loved by him. Seriously, I think that allowing God/others to love me is much more difficult. Perhaps that is because of the later part of obeying wholeheartedly when I don’t trust it. Yeah, I get that Noah didn’t even live near water or know what rain was...but still it is difficult to trust God completely without knowing what is to come. (and on odd thing about yesterday is that God put a rainbow in the sky in the afternoon)
A basic point was the praise continually. DUH! One difference in my desires for personal praise and God’s is that God knows easily if the praise is fake. So the goal would be to be more joyful first so that the praise to God can be true.
Just an in appropriate giggle momment –> “God smiles when we use our abilities...be fruitful and increase in number.” Sadly, Grayson has yet to preach David’s sermon about Where Are The Men?, so I guess I don’t get to follow the instruction with this ability. (I somewhat apologize for distorting Warren’s thoughts but it sooo made me laugh.)
That is also a basic to me. It isn’t basic in how we often treat people and the importance of their abilities. The concept though has been drilled into me since I was a WeeOne. (for nonreaders–the Chariots of Fire thing is here because the runner in the movie realizes it is for God’s pleasure that he runs.)
The Question to Consider: UGH...a question on trust. In the here and now, I need to trust God financially and church home spiritually. I need to believe that He know that I’m where I should be. In the back of my find, I hope taht God hasn’t forgotten my personal future for after grandma dies and it is time for me to work a normal job again.

Interesting yet becoming frightening thing: We are nominating the people we think may be good for the pastor search committee. Two people asked me on Sunday if they could put down my name. This shocked me and now has me quite nervous. Heck, I couldn’t even get my name on the Children’s committee and people think I’m capable of serving on such an important and politcal one? Since we are doing this whole purpose thing, think that people who belong on it should be on the committee. Yes it is an kind of an honor. I dunno if that is right for me or not, so I’m on the prayer thinking of the possibility in actually doing this.

No comments: