Thursday, October 28, 2004

Day 15 10/26/04

I agree and know most of what was presented in this chapter. This chapter is about being apart of God’s family. It was his purpose in creating me to be part of his family. “Your spiritual family is even more important than your physical family because it will last forever.” Now some of us are blessed enough that those two over lap. I know that I am thankful my immediate family are children of God by choice. It saddens me that some of my extended family and Joyce are not likely apart of God’s family. The importance of the spiritual family has alwasy been clear to me. It didn’t bother me to be many hours away from my immeditate family, for I know my church family would be there. Church family isn’t just where my membership is...it is those with whom I connect as a child of God.Gotta say I chuckled about the benefit of our inheritance of being in God’s family. For some that haven’t read ephesians, it depends on what version of the bible you read on how much you get (hahaha!). I am thankful for all that goes with the inheritance!Baptism is certainly an important act. Even though I am southern baptist, I think that we don’t value this act as much as we should. FBC-TxCity used to always do baptisms in the evening from those who vocalized a profession of faith in the morning. I loved that when we were visiting.
The Question to Consider: I do treat other believers like members of my family. I adore some of them and keep distance from some of them. The real answer for this question should be the way that I will work to treat those in the church family I’ve ignored or avoided. Perhaps I will have to start being kinder to those “Y” chromosomes with leadership in the church. I also have to treat with kindness even those who I dont feel that from.

No comments: